dice bag knitting pattern
a knitting pattern for making a simple dice bag! a fairly quick and easy make, the resulting bag should be able to fit ~3 sets of polyhedral dice pretty comfortably.
knitted top-down in the round. (I use the magic loop method)
- DK yarn - around 10 grams
- 3.75mm circular needles or DPNs
- ~40cm plait/ribbon to use as a drawstring
- CO 32 stitches and join in the round
- knit in 2x2 rib for 7 rounds
- YO, knit, repeat till end of round (you should now have 48 stitches on your needles)
- knit all stitches for 20 rounds
- K2tog until there are only 6 stitches left on the needles
- bind off and weave in ends
- thread your plait/ribbon through the eyelets created by the increase round, and you're finished!
as shown in the photo, these look nice on both the right side and the wrong side of the fabric, making them effectively reversable! I really like the way the purl side looks, but that's just personal preference.
for the drawstrings, I like to make a 4-strand braid using the same yarn as I used for the bag! the twist bracelet here would probably also make a nice drawstring.
- DPNs - double pointed needles
- CO - cast on
- YO - yarn over
- K2tog - knit two together